Sunday, May 2, 2010

A Knight of Haiku

It was one of those nights.   I had been grousing for sake and managed to make my way to the local watering hole.  It was slow.  The bartender gave me one of her gentle waves and smiled when I found my way to the bar after dinner.   Next to me sat an ebony princess and her lovely friend, and conversation ensued over these napkin drawings.   The sushi chef worked tirelessly to feed us, and the hot sake flowed liberally from flask to cup to mouth.  And so Art Rebellion slid past the guard and highly controversial ideas were exchanged regarding the freedom from ego that can be had by those who seek it sincerely.   We parted company and each went their own way into the long dark morning, satiated, liberated, and perhaps just a bit too drunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment