Sunday, December 18, 2011

Birthday Abstraction

It was my friend's birthday and he's the sort of person who I felt would really appreciate a bit of artwork as for his birthday. So instead of hunting around in a mall, or giving an amazon.com gift card, I thought I'd take a chance and try my hand at doing an abstract. I don't usually do abstract art, so it was a bit of a challenge. I decided that I would keep it simple, and see how it goes. All along the way I fretted, huffed and puffed, and struggled with it thinking it was not good enough. Until the end. When I finally stood back and looked at it in a nice black frame ... I said, "oh, that does look nice after all!" And so I gave it to him yesterday. I think he really likes it! :)


Pencil, Pastel, Ink on Watercolor Paper 
December 17, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment